Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Marlins... Buehrle is spelled B-U-E hrle


















Color me impressed.
The Marlins signed Mark Buehrle from the White Sox as he will give the rotation a nice World Champion veteran arm with a few No Hitters on his resume.

Not sure if he has 4 more great years in him, but he will no doubt be a solid influence maybe like Charlie Leibrandt with the Braves in the early 1990s.

I wrote a salute to Buehrle (and Paul Konerko) this August.

But I must say that every single time I have typed his name, I've had to double check how to spell his name.

Is it B-E-U or B-U-E?

It's B-U-E.
Make a note.

I am here to help.

Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:31 PM

    If Buehrle just has three more great years this deal will be worth it. The Marlins actually didn't make a huge overpay in terms of annual salary. The Nationals offered him pretty much the same deal, just only for three years. The move to the NL also greatly helps him, as well as moving out of the bandbox that is US Cellular Field (although we don't know how the Marlin's new park will play just yet). It's actually a pretty sound deal overall.

    ReplyDelete