Monday, January 30, 2012

Dave Duncan, the 1982 Mariners and lost glory - My Latest for The Hardball Times



In my latest for The Hardball Times, I take a look at Dave Duncan and his legacy. He coached the White Sox into the playoffs and molded World Champion pitching staffs in Oakland and St. Louis, all the while turning unlikely pitchers into aces and Cy Young Award winners.

For one season he ran the pitching for the Seattle Mariners. Could he have put together a championship caliber rotation and bullpen there? If the stats on the 1982 Mariners were any indication, Seattle missed a big opportunity when they let Duncan go after his one year.

Go ahead and read the article here.






Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. that is such a pretty poster and I would like to get it to post it on my room since I am a big fan of Dave Duncan and Mariners

    ReplyDelete