Friday, February 06, 2009
Fans of 1980s baseball, bad uniforms and Pre-Steroid sluggers will want to watch this clip!
Sadly YouTube won't let me embed this clip.
But CLICK HERE and you will get a real 1980s baseball treat.
The clip includes...
- The Oakland A's wearing their gaudy Green Away uniforms with the block OAKLAND across the chest.
- The White Sox wearing those jaw droppingly awful uniforms that I already wrote about. They look even worse when they move! Winning Ugly indeed!
- A view of Old Comiskey Park... which was kinda sorta ugly but also cool
- A 2 out bottom of the 9th homer to tie the game.
- Great "Toaster" graphics for the broadcast.
- The Bull Greg Luzinski is the home run hitter... and he is one of those great, pre-'roids slugger. Just a big muscular borderline fat guy whose sole job is to swing from his heels. Matt Stairs seems to be the last of that breed.
If testing can do anything positive for the game it can bring back the lumber jack slugger or better yet the Steve Balboni fat guy sluggers.
That's not asking for much is it?