Thursday, June 10, 2010

My new toothbrush confirms the Nats need to change hats













This April, I wrote to the Nationals and pleaded with them to change their hats permanently to the DC logo and away from the cursive W.

The cursive W was the hat for their irrelevant Senators past and they should embrace a brand new identity, starting with the arrival of Strasburg.

But alas Strasburg pitched in the loser hat.

Well this morning I realized another reason I don't like the cursive W.

I have a new toothbrush. I got it from Walgreens. I was about to open it up when I looked at the label.

Yup.

The cursive W.

The Nationals look like the company softball team for a company that sells 99¢ toothbrushes!!

Look, I am sure I am not the first to make this revelation, but it is not often that something like this stares you in the face before you even brush your teeth!

Right now, the Nationals play in a stadium that doesn't have a corporate name. It's just Nationals Park.

But I am telling you, if they stick with the cursive W, then they should just go all in and call the place Wallgreens park.

There's money to resign Strasburg and you can do it one 99¢ toothbrush at a time.



Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. They should've searched before using that logo! The company may sue them for using the trademark. Duplicating logos is prohibited in the industry. The entity who registered the logo first is the only one who can use it, until they change it to another one.

    Ed Hochhalter

    ReplyDelete