Friday, August 06, 2010

Phillies fans... you are welcome















Back on July 22nd, I wrote about how the Phillies were playing so poorly that I accused them of being pod people, replacing the actual Phillies with soul less replicants.

They were a mere 2 games over .500 and were in danger of hitting break even if they lost to St. Louis and Colorado.

And they were 7 games back of the Braves. They were dead in the water when I called them out.

What's their record since that 5-1 loss to St. Louis?

13-2.

Granted one of those wins was aided by a horrible call in Florida the other night

But in just a little more than 2 weeks, the Phillies have nearly made up a week of games. And it can't all be attributed to the Roy Oswalt trade. They started this tear before his arrival.

I think the Phillies read my post and finally woke up and played as they are capable of doing.

And now I think they will take the division under their arm and run away with it.

I'll take the credit.

I can't think of any other reason for the turn around.


You are welcome.

I should get a playoff share.

Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment