Thursday, November 11, 2010

Rest in Peace Dave Niehaus

















One of the great things about having the XM Radio and the MLB package on the computer is I can listen to broadcasters that normally I would NEVER hear.

And when I had the chance to hear the Mariners broadcast, I loved Dave Niehaus... his great pipes, his humor, his "My oh My" calls and of course his grand slam descriptions. "Get out the rye bread and mustard it is GRAND SALAMI TIME!"

So it is sad to know that he will never call a Mariners World Series.
Someday the Mariners will win it all... and it will be sweet for Seattle fans. But there will be something missing and it will be Niehaus' narration.

Let's listen to his wonderful call of the end of Game 5 of the 1995 Division Series... one of the greatest games I have ever seen... and you can hear why in his voice.

Rest in Peace Dave.
My oh My.









Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment