Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Good bye regular season


The playoffs are about to start and it is my favorite part of the baseball season.
But man, I will miss the regular season.

I love checking on each team, seeing who played and who did well.
Which winning team stubbed their toe. Which bad team had a surprising good night.

It is the companion that I always have between April and the end of September and beginning of October.

Driving home, there is a game on. Thursday afternoon, there is a day game, sometimes at 10 AM Pacific time.

There can be 14 or 15 box scores to read a day.

Baseball is like no other sport like that. There is no over analyzing a game because once one is played, they are suiting up for the next one.

I will always love the regular season. It is like a friend. Each day some new drama, frustration, exhilaration and comedy can be shared.

Now only the best teams remain and frankly this is what people remember and take from the year.

But my dear friend is going away for the winter.

I will see you in the spring.
Thanks for being there for me every day.


 Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment