Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cleveland Fans... I hope you took my advice



















Back when the Cavs were eliminated from the NBA Playoffs, I told you Cleveland fans to just stop watching sports this year.

I hope you took my advice because, to paraphrase a cop on the beat, there's nothing to see here.

You could have done stuff around the house, bonded with your family or even write a book.

Anything other than watching Cleveland sports in 2009.

And it isn't getting any prettier.

Don't believe me?

The Browns are 1-6.

And that one win came against Buffalo in a 6-3 win.

I'm sure that was an exciting game! That's a baseball score.




The Cavs got Shaq... and lost the opener to the Celtics.

Yes I know it is early and the Cavs are the city's best hope these days... 

BUT IT IS EARLY! Turn off the Cavs games until January.







As for Indians fans... ooof

Not only did the Indians drop their last 5 games to finish with the second worst record in the American League just 2 seasons after being a win from the World Series...

But they are handing the car keys to Manny Acta, who managed the Nationals... one of the few teams in baseball WORSE than the Indians. 

And don't watch the World Series either... especially game 1.

2007 Indians Cy Young Award winner CC Sabathia taking on 2008 Indians Cy Young Award winner Cliff Lee?

Is this a joke?















Seriously Cleveland fans... 
Take the next two months off.

I expect the Nielsen ratings in Cleveland to be 0.0 for the World Series.

I expect the attendance for the November 16th Browns/Ravens game to be 0.

And I expect the Cavaliers to be playing in front of friends, family and wounded war veterans until the January 3rd game against Charlotte.

You don't need to prove your loyalty to anyone.
You need a break.








2 comments:

  1. Too late. Doesn't really matter since to be a Cleveland sports fan one must have a huge leaning towards masochism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their economy is based off Lebron James!

    ReplyDelete