Sunday, October 11, 2009

It's my fault

As seen in SPACEMAN
Seriously... the Red Sox lost today because of me.

If you are looking for a goat, blame me... Paul Francis Sullivan.

I started writing my Sully Baseball blog post during the 9th inning. I wanted to post it the NANOSECOND the Red Sox won.

It included a funny Xanadu reference and the clip "I'm Alive" that made me look clever.

And just as I was typing it, the Angels rallied...

And now the season is over.

And it had little to do with the Angels starting pitching in games 1 and 2 and the clutch hitting in the 9th inning.

It had to do with the fact that I JUMPED THE GUN!

I never learned the lesson of trying to call my Uncle Ron when there were two outs in the 10th inning of Game 6 of the 1986 World Series.

To all of Red Sox nation... I apologize.


Curse of the Bambino

Paul Sullivan (aka Sully)|MySpace Videos


2 comments:

  1. I have to say that is one part of the "Curse" I remember.

    I do remember thinking it would be OK if the Sox won it, I hated Bill Lee but not any other R-Sox Player at the Time till Pedro, Manny, Millar and Papelbon,
    But I do remember that my Dad was not feeling well and he was born in 1918, So I had a fear if the Sox won something might happen to him.
    Well we know what happened and he lived to 2001 age 83,

    I blame my self for 2001 because I got out of my chair in the 9th and they have not won since,
    So the Yankees are suffering from "The Curse of The Nutball Gazette"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey buddy, i think the red sox lost! good ole fashioned ass wippin here

    ReplyDelete