Thursday, September 30, 2010

With one swing of the bat, so many things go wrong for the Red Sox

















When I heard Paul Konerko hit his grand slam while driving this evening, my heart sank. I thought all emotion was over once my team got eliminated... but I guess not.

I really wanted Jon Lester to get 20 wins... Not going to happen.
I wanted Jon Lester to get Cy Young consideration... Not going to happen.
And I wanted the Red Sox to get to 90 wins.

Well after this sweep, there's a chance they won't even have the highest win total of a team with the word "Sox" in their name.

In comes the Yankees... the string being played out.
Man, the "what might have beens" just keep piling up.


Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. ARRRRRRRG... Lester!!! My CY Young picks for AL and NL(Halladay was my pick for NL) were looking so good too... ugh...

    ReplyDelete