Sunday, April 17, 2011

Don't lose this game, Pirates















The Pirates are up 4 runs before the Reds even come to bat. So listen to me Pirates and you listen good. If you have ANY hopes to go .500 (an Everest not scaled since 1992) then THESE are the games you can not blow.

You are going to lose close games.
You are going to lose some blow outs.

But when you put a 4 spot on the board in the first, then you NEED to close out the game.

I expect the Pirates to be 7-8 by the end of today.

Then they would need to go 75-72 the rest of the way to have a winning season.

Lose this game, and you don't deserve it!
Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Sully, I love your blog and I'm thrilled to read about someone from outside Pittsburgh who roots for my Buccos, but every time you post about them they lose their next game. I thought you jinxed them today, and when they gave up the lead I was cursing your name. Then we took the lead and barely held on for the rest of the game. Again, love your stuff man, but maybe write about us when we are statistically eliminated in June.

    ReplyDelete