Sunday, April 03, 2011

I didn't want to win a game this weekend
























I like starting a season in an 0-3 hole. It is more fun that way.

Seriously, this was a pretty lousy display by my Red Sox, picked by so many to go all the way. It was home run derby off of both Jon Lester and Clay Buchholz and frankly that makes me nervous.

I know it is against Texas and they are a good home run team. But what happened to "Good Pitching beats Good Hitting."

The Sox have an off day tomorrow and then Josh Beckett take the mound. Remember him? The guy who got lit up last year and this spring.

In terms of the "2011 Red Sox compared to hyped movies" template I made before the season started... this team is off like Superman Returns, the film where it just felt slightly off right from the beginning.

Let's hope things go up, up and away in Cleveland.



Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment