Saturday, April 19, 2008

So far I just don't worry with this team

I checked the scores before having dinner with my wife, kids, my parents and my cousins Josh and Julie tonight.

It was a family dinner night... not a night to be glued to the XM or the Yahoo Sports ticker, but I needed to know how my boys did before sitting down for the meal I helped cook.

Sox were losing 3-2 in the 8th inning.
And no part of me was worried. I sat down for dinner thinking "We'll win it."

In years past seeing that score would make me shake my head and murmur something like "f---ing Lester. Can't you beat the Rangers?"

But now I am the product of seeing my team win 2 of the last 4 World Series.
The gland that produced instant negativity is no longer as productive.

And lo and behold when I was clearing the table, I checked the scores again.
Sox won.

I thought "I bet Manny hit one out."
And he did.

I know it is early, but it is nice having this confidence in my team.
It makes the need to check scores during family dinners less urgent.

No comments:

Post a Comment