Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pedro... can you find it in your heart to forgive me?

I've always been one of your biggest fans, Pedro... and for that reason I felt you should retire.

And because I am such a big fan, I wanted you to NOT pitch for the Phillies because I thought you were going to embarrass yourself.

Could you blame me? The 2006-2008 model of Pedro Martinez was hardly a world beater!

But here you are... being that wonderful late season acquisition. You cost the Phillies NOTHING and are giving the team at least a #3 starter.

And today you looked like an ace. 8 innings of shut out ball against a big league team? OK, they were the Mets... but still it is technically a major league team. 

It's 219 wins and counting and a playoff start is in the bag. 

I underestimated you.

I won't do THAT again.

I just hope that Pedro pitches in Fenway in the World Series, and that Lidge blows a Pedro lead.

1 comment:

  1. How about this starting 5: Pedro, Penny, Smoltz, Pavano, and Tomko.

    ReplyDelete