Monday, April 19, 2010

Hope and Change in Queens

I got an e mail today from my cousin Dave, who is a huge Mets fan.
The subject was "HOPE."

Now Dave is a lifelong Republican, so I doubt it was an Obama e mail.

Nope, his e mail simply said "Ike Davis, 1st ML AB, base hit.
Hope."

The Mets are FINALLY taking my advice and going with young kids.
I'm not saying Ike Davis is the new Albert Pujols... but the idea of a young kid coming up and getting a hit has got my Met fan friends (and family) more excited than the Jason Bay signing.

And it will be a memorable first day at the office for Ike.

He gets a pie in his face the first day and the first uniform number he wore was #42

Hope indeed.
Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. OK Time for this Wise Ass Yankee fan to tell you why he will be great..His Dad is former Yankee Pitcher Ron Davis, So it is the Yankee Blood in him that will carry him to greatness,...Anyone buying that bill of goods? haaaa

    ReplyDelete