Tuesday, April 06, 2010

The Nature of the Beast

Admit it Sox fans... when Victor Martinez hit that home run off of A.J. Burnett, you had images of a clean sweep going through your heads.

And when Youk was on second with nobody out, you thought 8th inning rally.

Heck when Scutaro (sp?) doubled off of Rivera, I even thought I had the blog post topic set: Redemption!

But alas, another memorable (if sloppy) Red Sox/Yankees game goes to the other side.

And sadly I must update the tally.




DODGED A BULLET GAMES - 1

April 4 - 9-7 win against Yankees (On Opening Night, the Red Sox overcome a 5-1 Yankee lead with a game tying HR by Pedroia and a go ahead passed ball.)

TEETH GRINDER GAMES - 1

April 6 - 6-4 loss against the Yankees. (Scutaro's error leads to the winning run.)

Break even.

I wonder if there will be 162 teeth grinders and dodged bullets combined.
No blow outs or no "no brainers".

I wonder if a season like that would give me a heart attack.

Let's not find out.



Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I totally thought after V-Mart's homer they were set to score about 5 more runs off of Burnett, unfortunately he settled back down for the most part. Still a pretty good game though, if not as exciting as Opening Night.
    By the way, I'd really appreciate it if you'd check out my blog!
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you'll be adding another game to your combined list!

    ReplyDelete