Friday, April 01, 2011

I admire this young Met fan in Miami

















It's going to be a long season, Met fans.
I said it... 90 losses.

89 left after today. It's going to be a year where players like Josh Johnson are in your division. And the Phillies had a great comeback that will be "Standard Operating Procedure" for the Mets' biggest tormentors.

But this kid clearly cares. He clearly WANTS to the Mets to be good. And he has no memory of 1986. I doubt he remembers the 2000 World Series. Heck, he is young enough that maybe the 2006 might be vague. His only clear memories of the Mets could very well be the collapses of 2007 and 2008 and the non factors of 2009 and 2010.

He is being brought up in the post Madoff mess and still cares.
Folks, THIS is a great sports fan. Keep this ticket stub, pal. Show people "I was THERE when things looked bad for the Mets."

Someday the Mets will be damn good again and you can smile knowing you logged in the pain before the pleasure.

This my dear readers is a GOOD fan!



Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:38 AM

    I started following the Mets in August of 2008, I feel his pain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man... I admire you. I say that with NO sarcasm. You are a good solid fan and when the Mets turn it around it will feel so much sweeter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:02 AM

    I hope your right =/

    ReplyDelete