Friday, March 07, 2008

The last thing I am going to say about all this steroid stuff

Obviously thing thing going to congress over and over again is a joke.

Obviously we can't redo the past and put an asterix next to every suspected slugger and pitcher.

I wish baseball would treat the whole steroids scandal the way Paulie treated Henry Hill's drug dealing in GoodFellas.

Remember how he took him aside in his back yard and said "I don't want any more of that sh*t. I'm not talking about what you did inside, you did what you had to do, I'm talking about now, from now, here and now."

And then he slapped Henry telling him to rat out anyone who uses it from now on.

Bud Selig is Paulie and the baseball players are Henry.
What happened in the past has happened... but it ends now.

In that analogy I'm not sure who Joe Pesci is... but when he went into that empty room where he got shot, the last thing he saw was a Marlin on the wall.

Maybe he's Hanley Ramirez.

No comments:

Post a Comment