Wednesday, September 08, 2010

I figured out who my anonymous Javier Vazquez fan is
























My readership has been growing steadily over the last few years. I have some regular readers and commenters and I have a few people who don't always like what I type.

Pirate fans seemed to get ticked at me because I wouldn't praise the great work of Neal Huntington who in three short years transformed the Pirates from a bad team to the Worst Team in Baseball.

Some Twins fans wrote some nasty things to me when I wrote my tongue in cheek defense of the Metrodome. So much for Minnesota nice.

And there have been other instances... and frankly I find them to be funny.

But I've had a few posts from an anonymous reader that has attracted my attention. He brings up the classic lame argument when I criticize a pitcher which is "He's a better pitcher than YOU." Well yes... that's setting a very low bar.

Major League Baseball players are asked to perform at a high level and are paid as such... and when they do so on the highest stage, they are not immune to criticism.


But this poster only seems to come out of the woodwork when I pick on Javier Vazquez.


But I've also written bad stuff about other pitchers too.

I've criticized Daisuke Matsuzaka...

No problem with any of those. But when I pick on a guy who is on every Yankee fan sh*t list and is in the doghouse on his own team and by any reasonable judging standard is having a lousy year in the Bronx, he shows up with the predictability of the sun rising.


And his defense of Vazquez is odd...

".And as for Vazquez, don't insult the guy. He has more wins the that Dice-K guy that you worship even though Dice-K is a starter and Javy is in the bullpen."

He's in the bullpen because he has been awful as a starter... and since when do I worship Dice-K?


"You clearly have a lot of time on your hands if you're complaining about someone who can pitch way better than you."

Again bringing up how Javy can pitch better than me... interesting.


"Sully is a fool who doesn't know what he's talking about. I don't know why I'm still reading his blog. Javy is a waaaaaaaaaaaayyyy better pitcher than Sully!!!!"

I figured it out with this post.
I don't know why it took me so long to figure out the mystery. It is as simple as a Scooby Doo mystery when you take 2 steps back and think about it.

The 12 "a's" on waaaaaaaaaaaay better gave it away.

The anonymous poster.... is none other... THAN JAVIER VAZQUEZ HIMSELF!

Who else could get THAT worked up over blog posts pointing out that he isn't an elite pitcher and that his complaining about being taken out of a game too early was bush league... and that he isn't a bust?

Javy was Googling his own name and stumbled across what I wrote and anonymously wants to set the record straight.

Well, let me just say Javy, I for one am glad you are reading my blog and you might be interested in knowing that you were included in my Home Grown vs. Acquired Roster for the Montreal Expos.

Keep reading the blog, Javy and I hope the Yankees trade you away this off season and you can have a stress free year putting up stats and getting another big contract.

Lord knows I can't pitch as well as you or make your dough.
Then again, you should aim higher than out pitching me!





Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

5 comments:

  1. Memo Paris8:24 AM

    Ha! Good one Sully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:01 AM

    I have disagreed with you at times, I have called you self-aggrandizing with a bloated ego, and I've shared my despair with you over following a hard-luck baseball team from ten time-zones away.
    And now I have to disagree with you again. I do believe that the Javier Vazquez poster is a woman. His mom perhaps? Or maybe his wife. No God-fearing man would use 12 "a's" and three or four exclamation points. It just wouldn't happen.
    And I disagree with you on another point as well: don't sell yourself short, I think that you are a far better pitcher than Javier Vazquez. Compare the numbers and tell me I'm wrong.
    And if I haven't said it lately, your blog makes for some damn fine reading, is entertaining, and by golly, will one day grace the Smithsonian.
    Enough butt-kissing for one day, I've gotta get ready for the Giants game. It starts at 4:40 AM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You catch all of that folks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:05 PM

    I can't beleive you wrote a post about me Sully! Maybe I'll start reading your blog again. And just so you know, I am a Yankee fan and I agree with you that Javy should be traded ASAP but I still beleive that you have waaaaaaaaaaaayyy to much time on your hands. Don't you realize why Javy is still pitching in the majors? It is because the Yankees are recovering!!! George Steinbrenner just died for pete's sake. Joe Girardi doesn't really care what sort of product is on the field. Don't know what I mean? Start watching Yankee games. And no, I'm not gonna tell you who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:51 PM

    Sweet Lord, I will now run to church and light candles for all the people of the world who have given in to drug addiction, after having read that last post.
    I have changed my mind, that Yankee fan is a plumber, and should just say no to crack. Pun most definitely intended.

    ReplyDelete