Thursday, October 13, 2011

Don't look now... But We've Got An ALCS!!!!

















Oh it wasn't Verlander's prettiest outing.
It wasn't one to send to Cooperstown.

But I am THRILLED that pitch counts were thrown into the toilet.
Pitch counts? If the Tigers lost today EVERY pitcher would have a lot of rest. So have Verlander throw until his arm falls off.

So back to Texas the series goes. I am rooting for the Tigers but what I am REALLY rooting for is 7 games.

I want a 7th game to go into extras.
And in order for that to happen, there needs to be a Detroit victory in Game 6.

So come on, people!
Unless you are from Texas or have a friend on the Rangers, root hard for the Tigers. A 7th game for the ALCS might wake a few people up and realize that the REAL baseball news isn't Jon Lester eating chicken.

It's the Rangers and the Tigers... one game away from being a classic.



Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, we have an NLCS, too! T-Plush with the go-ahead run on Brauny's clutch hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. Let's just get it done in 6. I would have been happy with 5. Then again, I'm biased.

    ReplyDelete