Thursday, October 27, 2011

For one day I am a Cardinals fan
















I have a history of rooting AGAINST the St. Louis Cardinals.
I wanted the Giants to win the 1987 NLCS and the Twins to win the World Series.

I rooted for the Padres to beat St. Louis in 1996.
I rooted for the Mets to beat St. Louis in 2000.
I rooted for the Diamondbacks to beat St. Louis in 2001.
I rooted for the Giants to beat St. Louis in 2002.
I rooted for the Red Sox, obviously, in the 2004 World Series against St. Louis.
I rooted for the Padres in the 2005 Division Series against the Cardinal.
I rooted for the Padres, Mets AND Tigers to beat the Cardinals in 2006.
I rooted for the Dodgers against the Cardinals in 2009.
I rooted for the Phillies, Brewers and Rangers against St. Louis this year.

I SWEAR I don't hate you Cardinals fans. It just happens I like to see the Cardinals lose in the post season.

That being said, I am rooting card for the Cardinals for tonight.


It's been 9 years since baseball has seen a seventh game of the World Series.

There are teenagers with no memory of a Game 7 of the World Series.
It's been an amazing September and October. Now it needs a grand finale.

In order for THAT to happen, the Cardinals need to win.

So... for tonight only...

GO CARDINALS!

Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:53 PM

    Wow. what a great first game to start rooting for the Cardinals.

    ReplyDelete