Thursday, June 30, 2011

Why does Justin Verlander remind me of John Landis?












It's not like the current American League Cy Young front runner is a read ringer for the brilliant director of Kentucky Fried Movie, Animal House, The Blues Brothers, American Werewolf in London, Trading Places and Coming to America.

But there is something about Verlander that reminds me of Landis.
It could be a similar smile.
It could be they are both a little extroverted.
It could be they are both funny interviews.

I can't put my finger on it.
But I can't be the ONLY one who thinks this.

(Or maybe I am.)


Here's Landis talking about directing Robert DeNiro in his Don Rickles documentary.



Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete