Friday, July 13, 2007

Feels good to be amongst my people

I'm in L.A. working on a shoot and after work tonight, I stopped by Sonny McLean's in Santa Monica to catch the last few innings of the Sox game.

I realized how long it had been since I was around other Sox fans and it felt good to be cheering for OUR boys... especially during a win.

I sat next to a young guy who was a die hard Sox fan and Woburn native living in L.A. He was complaining about Doug Mirabelli and telling me how he's on his "boo list."

I said "you know it's a good season when the only guy on the boo list is a backup catcher."

He replied "Oh, there's a lot of players I'll boo and that I've had it with."

He proceeded to list off 10 players, nearly half of the roster, that he was fed up with. The List included the Captain, Jason Varitek and 2004 heroes Curt Schilling and Mike Timlin.

Here we are, our team in first by 10 games AFTER the All Star break and this guy wants to clean house on nearly half of the players.
Ladies and gentlemen, the most insecure fan base in sports!

I wonder how big a lead it will take for this guy to accept 40% of the roster.

No comments:

Post a Comment