Tuesday, June 09, 2009

FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!

























Take a good look at this face, Yankee fans.
He's going to be a member of the 2013 New York Yankees!

That's right, Mr. A. J. Burnett, the guy with the 12.91 ERA against the Red Sox this year, isn't even 20% of the way through his contract.

I would say that I love the idea of him pitching every 5 days for the next 4 1/2 seasons, but he's going to have an injury or 8 over the next few years. He has always gone down to injuries, except when he could opt out of his contract.

And now it looks like he belongs on the Jeff Weaver/Jaret Wright scrap heap.

When the Yankees bring in former star pitchers from the Marlins, it's not pretty.

I bet you can get a Kevin Brown or Carl Pavano jersey pretty cheap on eBay.

Better start selling those Burnett jerseys too.

Yeah, this is a snarky post... but who could have predicted this was going to be a bust signing.

Hmmmm.... I wonder.

6 comments:

  1. I don't understand why Cashman is still cashing paychecks. The federal government could run the Yankees better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I was far more upset by Furcal's snub than AJ signing with the Yanks. I'm pretty happy with Derek Lowe right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'mon, Sully. It's been two months! Small sample size and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. his career isn't a small sample... the career where he is injury prone except when contract is up

    Carl Pavano anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really agree with Lisa of Subway Squawkers but then again I think I would look forward to an injury right now the way he is pitching against the Red Sox, Thank God we got Wang back! (Oh Wait)
    I wonder If Ron Guidry still wants to pitch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:18 PM

    How about them Giants!!!
    Poppy!

    ReplyDelete