Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Andre Ethier sits... should the streak still count?
























Call me harsh, and I've been called worse, but Andre Ethier should have played today.
Seriously, he has a 29 game hitting streak. He's half way to Joe DiMaggio. And he sits?

Sorry, I know that TECHNICALLY his streak is still alive, but please! You don't sit in a hitting streak.

If a guy gets a hit in a game in April, is sent down to the minors and comes back up in September and gets a hit, does he have a 2 game hitting streak?

I don't like this "taking games off during a hitting streak" stuff.
Look, he's NOT going to pass DiMaggio. He has to do this for 27 more games just to match Joe D. But why even tempt the asterisks?

So for me personally, this whole hitting streak has lost some of its steam.
Harsh?

Maybe.
But we're talking streaks here.

Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Ethier has a sore elbow, so he got the day off. I have no problem with that. The streak continues.

    ReplyDelete