Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I am really not worried about Jon Lester

















I know I should be terrified about Lester.
I know I should be breaking down his every start and wondering if this were the end.

I know 4 of his last 5 starts have stunk.

I know he is supposed to be our Cy Young contender.

But I just can't panic.
Let's say this is the 1/3 mark of the season...
Let's say Lester has the exact same result each of the next thirds of the season.

He'd be 21-6 with a 3.94 ERA. 210 innings pitched and 207 strikeouts.
I'd take that.

And yeah, I know he would benefit from a lot of offense and good closer.
So what?

Would you rather have a 20 game winner who was lucky or a 12-12 pitcher with great stats who was unlucky?

I'd rather have the 20 game winner. Do you know why? That means my team is WINNING.

I'm not worried.
Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment