Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Standing Ovation for Posada?














Look, I'm not saying Yankee fans should have booed Jorge Posada.
I understand, he was a big part of the 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2009 World Series titles.
I get it, he got the game tying double off of Pedro.

I understand all of that. I'm the guy who won't boo Manny Ramirez.

But a standing ovation?
The night after he quit on the team?

Saying "Hey! We're OK with how you acted!" is kind of crazy, am I right?

I wonder how many of these fans booed A-Rod because he yelled "Ha!" in Toronto or something petty like that.

The most telling thing about the whole fiasco?
While Posada was getting the standing ovation a day after quitting on the team, ESPN flashed this title.

















You notice that?
The lowest batting average of any regular in baseball.

Gee Whiz, when you are essentially the worst hitter of 2011 I wonder why you are hitting 9th!


Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    I love your blog. Also, I was wondering if you could put a link to my site, if I put a link to your. http://redsoxbaseball360.blogspot.com/ is my website. Email me at redsox360blog@gmail.com if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete