Wednesday, July 27, 2011

John Lackey... WINNER
























I was worried for half an inning.
Youk made an error and Lackey let up a homer. Sox down 3-0 before they even came to bat.
For that space between the top and bottom of the first I thought "Man, the Sox are REALLY going to lose this game."

Then Ellsbury and Pedroia hit back to back homers and I relaxed. The Sox didn't even have the lead after one, but I felt like the 3 run homer basically was a head start.

Now John Lackey won the game.
He's 4-0 in his last 4 games.
I don't care what other stats you look at. I want my pitchers winning.
Lackey is winning.
I don't understand how this is happening... the 12 run outburst is a decent explanation.

But keep winning Lackey and you'll win Boston's heart... or at least we'll stop hating you.

Meanwhile, the let's talk Magic Numbers.

THE MAGIC NUMBER IS 58!!!


Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:17 PM

    I am worried about what is going to happen when we pit Lackey against a GOOD team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If his mates don't knock in 8 or more runs, he's gonna lose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if we'll stop hating him, but we'll stop being as vocal about it...

    ReplyDelete