Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Man I made some TERRIBLE predictions
So it is the All Star Break now and it is time to take a look at my predictions for the year.
And some of the things that I foresaw... well... they were pretty easy to predict.
Wow! The Red Sox, Yankees, Phillies and Giants would all be good? What a soothsayer!
I also picked the White Sox, the Marlins and the Reds to be playing in the post season.
And I said Josh Johnson would be the Cy Young Award winner.
In my "Fearless Predictions" post, I predicted a bunch of stuff.
Care to hear some of worst predictions?
- Angel Vernon Wells was going to have a great season.
- The Astros would shock everyone and be near .500 for most of the year.
- The A's would contend all year.
- Jose Bautista's home run total would drop. 22 tops.
- The Brewers and Cardinals would flop and not be factors.
- The Diamondbacks and Indians would finish in the cellar.
- The Marlins would be the most exciting team to watch in all of baseball.
- Reid Brignac would be a solid shortstop for the Rays.
- Edinson Volquez would win 18 games.
- Josh Beckett would be awful all season.
- The Rockies would trade for Prince Fielder.
- The Royals would finally give up on Alex Gordon.
- The Tigers would be such a disaster that Jim Leyland would quit or be fired.
- The White Sox would win the Division and Adam Dunn would be a great fit.
- Freddy Garcia and Bartolo Colon would both flop with the Yankees.
That's a lot of lousy predictions for one blog post.
I was right when I said the Angels would be big contenders.
If the World Series is Phillies and Angels, I'll look brilliant!
Then again, even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Rest up and let's get the second half of the season started!