Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Let’s see how my predictions were


I am a notoriously bad predictor… but that doesn’t stop me from making them.

On March 31, I made my official picks.


Let’s compare them to reality.

AL EAST PICK: Boston Red Sox
ACTUAL AL EAST CHAMP: Tampa Bay Rays

Oh yeah… like YOU picked them!

AL CENTRAL PICK: Cleveland Indians
ACTUAL AL CENTRAL CHAMP: Winner of today’s Minnesota/Chicago game.

Like the rest of the planet Earth, I saw the Indians as a rising team, the Twins as
a rebuilding team and the White Sox in flux. Who knew?


AL WEST PICK: Seattle Mariners
ACTUAL AL WEST CHAMP: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

WHOOPS! I thought the injuries to Escobar and Lackey would cripple the team… not
lead them to 100 wins.

Nor did I think the Mariners would implode and finish a mere 39 games behind the
Angels.


AL WILD CARD PICK: New York Yankees
ACTUAL AL WILD CARD: Boston Red Sox

I said the Yankees would win 90-92 games. They won 89. Not too shabby.


NL EAST PICK: New York Mets
ACTUAL NL EAST CHAMP: Philadelphia Phillies

The fact that they collapsed two straight Septembers is truly amazing.

NL CENTRAL PICK: Chicago Cubs
ACTUAL NL CENTRAL CHAMP: Chicago Cubs

HEY!!!! I GOT ONE!!!!

NL WEST PICK: Los Angeles Dodgers
ACTUAL NL WEST CHAMP: Los Angeles Dodgers

HEY!!!! I GOT TWO!!!


NL WILD CARD PICK: Arizona Diamondbacks
ACTUAL NL WILD CARD: Milwaukee Brewers

The still must be rough for Mets fans to read that.


But this is why I don’t bet…

No comments:

Post a Comment