Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Some sympathy for Jason Giambi


Newsday writer Ken Davidoff wrote a great article today about soon to be Ex Yankee slugger Jason Giambi.

The article talks about how Jason Giambi made sure that the Yankees clubhouse people and staff got six figure bonuses after winning the pennant shows he is genuinely a good guy...

And it basically confirms what I've thought about him...
He's a nice guy who can get caught up in stuff.

I'm sure when he was a young kid coming into a locker room with Canseco and McGwire and saw them shooting God knows what into their asses, he probably thought "OK, I guess this is what you do in the bigs."

I'm also sure that when he was offered hundreds of millions of dollars he probably thought "I'm really comfortable in Oakland, but I guess this is what you do in the bigs."

And I am also sure he went cold turkey on the stuff in 2004, which resulted in his body breaking down, because he thought "This is the right thing to do."

And I am sure than when he became public enemy number one in the BALCO revelations, he was devastated.

And I am also sure that he wanted to do the right thing and come clean but the lawyers convinced him not to.





He's not a bad guy. He's just a big dumb lug.
He's basically Mongo in Blazing Saddles.

And like Mongo, Jason Giambi just pawn in game of life.

He made some bad decisions, but its hard not to feel for the guy.

(I wish some of MY bad decisions led to a $100 million contract!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:35 PM

    Ken Davidoff sounds like a pathetic loser taking cheap shots at someone who won't even give his pointless drivel a second look. I completely wasted about 39 seconds of my life reading that jealous little twat spew his internet gangsta trash all over the place.
    -"I'm sure when he was a young kid coming into a locker room with Canseco and McGwire and saw them shooting God knows what into their asses, he probably thought "OK, I guess this is what you do in the bigs."- Yeah, epic attempt at trying to bring humor to a subject that has been beaten dead for the last four years. I could go on with more quotes but I'm a little tired. I don't follow the Yankees that much, but I do know that Giambi has been a very productive player when he is healthy. I am trying my best to finish this comment without calling Davidoff a blubbering little bitch, but when you see someone who is so committed to talking down on a good person you can't help but want to throw childish like insults back. Ladies and gentleman please allow me to step off my soapbox at this time.

    ReplyDelete