Tuesday, May 04, 2010

PIG PEN

When I wrote this Sunday about how the Giants should go for it in 2010 and get a needed bat and bullpen help, I got some resistance from some Giants fans.

Everyone agreed the Giants need another bat, but my call for bullpen reinforcements was not commonly held by the Hum Baby fans.

Do you know who I bet agrees with me? Tim Lincecum!

Last Wednesday he pitched 8 1/3 innings, was charged with 2 runs, struckout 11 and walked 1 and was in line for the win.

Today he pitched 7 innings, let up 3 runs, struck out 13 and walked one and was in line for the win.

That's 5 runs in 15 1/3 innings (a 2.93 ERA) and 24 strikeouts over that span against 2 walks.

And how does that reflect in his record?
GOTCH! 0-0! Two No Decisions! Brian Wilson blew the game last week... Sergio Romo wet the bed tonight.

I'm telling you, the Giants need some help in the pen, and the Freak would agree with me.



Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment