Tuesday, September 07, 2010

I TOLD the Red Sox to get Dayan Viciedo!!!!

I was watching the Tigers/White Sox blow out on MLB Network while helping my son out with his homework. (Don't look at me like THAT! We did it all!)

By the end of the game Ozzie was basically looking down the bench and yelling "Who hasn't played yet?" and made the box score cluttered with September call ups like a split squad Spring Training Game.

I looked up and saw a house of a dude at the plate that I had never seen before. #24. Big huge right handed batter. He just LOOKED like a ballplayer.

They flashed who it was.
It was Cuban sensation Dayan Viciedo... who showed off his right handed power with both Birmingham and Charlotte in the White Sox farm system.

The guy who at age 21 gives the White Sox a potential right handed stud in the infield (along with Alexi Ramirez and Gordon Beckham could be putting together an awesome infield on the South Side.)

The guy who already has 3 big league homers.

The guy who, sight unseen, I BEGGED the Red Sox to sign him because potential right handed power hitting studs don't grow on trees!

I saw him walk.
And I can already tell... the Red Sox should have listened to me!






Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. It should be of interest to note that this was Dayan's FIRST MLB walk. When the Sox sent him down earlier in the year, someone must have told him not to swing at everything.

    ReplyDelete