Saturday, April 25, 2009

Albert... PLEASE don't test positive!



The way Albert Pujols has been hitting and the way that St. Louis has been winning... I know it is early but he might be sewing up his THIRD MVP trophy.

He is reaching that "default" position with the MVP at this point. The "Unless someone else just blows his numbers out of the water, he gets my vote" territory.

The last time MLB had that, it was "You Know Who."

You know, the guy who is kissing himself in the mirror.

The last time the NL had that, it was the other "You Know Who."

You know, the guy in San Francisco who broke all of the home run records with all of the joy and good will of Javier Bardem in No Country For Old Men.

Albert can be that guy... you know the guy who we can call "The Best Player in the Game" without the qualifiers.

Just... don't... test... positive.

Even if you ARE taking stuff... please don't get caught!

I mean there's no reason to suspect him. I mean what player under Tony LaRussa's watch ever did anything bad?

oh no.

Don't test positive. PLEASE!




1 comment:

  1. I, too, pray for this every day. I keep telling myself he broke into the majors just when testing began, so he can't possibly be doing it and getting away with it. Even as a diehard Phillies fan, I can't wait to cheer on Albert as he shatters pretty much every batting record (except Pete Rose's!) there is.

    ReplyDelete