Thursday, May 17, 2012

Is every Adam Jones homer a big one?




















Soon it will be late May and the Orioles are still tied for first place. Even a 4 game winning streak by the Rays couldn't knock them out of a share of the top.

And it seems like Adam Jones is a big part of every win.
I'm not saying he is! Those of you about to fling a crap load of stats at me proving he's only the 7th most valuable Orioles, don't bother.

I'm just talking as a casual observer who mainly catches the Orioles on highlights. It just seems like whenever there is a Baltimore win, Adam Jones makes his way onto the highlight reel.

Last night he started the game 0-6, which sucks no matter which stats you use.

Then in the 15 inning, he homers, it puts the Orioles on top and he's the lead part of the story and the big hero.

I am sure there were people who had better games than Adam Jones' one swing of the bat, but he's the one I am typing about.

He's got 12 homers so far and I'm better 13 of them have tied the game or given Baltimore the lead.

I'm pretty sure about that stat.

  Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Listening to the Royals game yesterday. The KC announcers were saying the 9 of Jones' then 12 home runs had either tied a game or put the Birds on top. Guess that just about every one he hits is a big one.

    ReplyDelete