Thursday, May 24, 2012

Yes, the Indians are still winning





















We're past the first quarter mark and the Tribe is still winning.
Every time I think "Well, now they are going to come back to Earth" they win again.
Every time I think "NOW the Tigers are going to make their move" the Indians beat Detroit head to head.

It is players like Jason Kipnis and Vinnie Pestano who are pulling it off. How many pre season prediction articles for the pennant race included Vinnie Pestano.

I can't even get a handle on this team in terms of the heroes. Last year you had people like Carlos Santana and Travis Hafner and Shin Soo Choo getting dramatic hits. This year, they just kind of sort of win.

Nothing spectacular. Nothing that makes you perk up and say "Wow, are we seeing something special?" Just "Oh, the game is over and look at that! The Indians have more runs."

I picked the Tigers to win the Central (as did most people in the Solar System) and I bet when the final 3/4 of the season is played out that Detroit will right the ship and this strange anonymous Cleveland team will fade back.

Or will they?
This reminds me a little bit about how I felt about last year's National League West race. I kept thinking "Well this Diamondback team is clearly not going to keep this up. Eventually the Giants will pull away."

And it never happened.

I can't figure out this Indians team.
The Tigers had better solve them before they wonder what the hell happened in 2012.


   Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment