Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Note To Anyone Who Wants To Take Joba Chamberlain Out Of The Bullpen...

How did you like last night's game?

Seriously... I know it was a Yankee win and in the end counts as much in the standings as a perfect game.

But did you see the bridge to Mariano?
It was less stable than the bridge Indiana Jones cut in half!

Let me put it this way... when you are an elite team and you have a 7-1 lead against Tampa Bay, you should not be bringing in Mariano Rivera to record a 4 out save.

If Kyle Farnsworth (the living argument against reading radar guns), LaTroy Hawkins, Brian Bruney and the immortal Billy Traber are who you are bringing in before Mariano... you BETTER be scoring 8 runs a game!

I don't know why this is so hard to understand (heck there were people last year who thought Papelbon was being wasted in the bullpen!)

But the Yankees NEED to have that 8th inning stud and the 9th inning stud... especially with the young pitchers in the rotation.

Some people at my favorite Yankee blog say its wasteful to have Joba in the 8th because Mariano is signed for 3 more seasons and he'd be setting up those 3 years.

Yeah, what a tragedy it would be for the Yankees to have the 8th and 9th secure for 3 seasons.

They haven't had a bridge to Mariano since they broke up Nelson, Stanton and Mendoza... now they have a second stud in the pen and they want to move him to the rotation.

Meanwhile the pen is blowing leads to guys like Evan Longoria.

I mention that only because his name of course is almost the same as Eva Longoria and it gives me an excuse to put her picture on this blog.

The other day I put Jessica Alba's pic on a posting.
Maybe I can get some more horny guy traffic to my site!

No comments:

Post a Comment