Friday, August 07, 2009

It's better to lose like that

When Casey Kotchman hit that homer to give the Red Sox a 3-1 lead last night, I'll admit it... I started thinking "Oh man, we can win this game."

Then the Yankees started slapping Smoltz around and I thought "Oh no, this is going to be one of THOSE kind of games... a back and forth Red Sox - Yankees game that goes down to the wire."

Mercifully it wasn't.

I've always maintained that 9-8 losses are the worst. But games where the Sox are blown out and blown out early are easy to swallow.

I had dinner with my wife and kids, went to the Farmer's Market in South Pasadena and the four of us took a family walk on a clear August night.

No need to watch every pitch... it was a whuppin'. And Billy Traber took one for the team with 3 1/3 innings, allowing Papelbon, Delcarmen, Okajima, Bard and Ramirez to be rested for today.

I thought the Sox were going to lose last night and they did.

I didn't expect them to go 19-0... but for a second there, I thought they might.

No comments:

Post a Comment