Friday, August 28, 2009

Will no one rid me of this meddlesome slump?



























I know I am not supposed to complain after a win... especially a late August win in a pennant race. But Beckett! Come on! WTF?

The whole premise for me feeling any hope for October is the following scenario:

Get into the post season... play the Angels... have a healthy Beckett and Lester... move onto the ALCS and take our chances with two aces!

Lester has been doing his share and for what it is worth so is Wakes.

But Beckett has let up 20 runs in his last 18 1/3 innings.

So much for his being a Cy Young contender. Right now I'd like him pitching like Matt Young.

Let's hope it is a Toronto fluke. He has a 6.44 ERA against the Jays... maybe they just have his number.

Either way, I want the Beckett that threw 7 shutout innings at Yankee Stadium a few weeks ago back!


No comments:

Post a Comment