Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Vincentives

The Texas Rangers have a one game lead for the American League wild card... so you would think they would need all the help they could get.

Vincente Padilla led the team in wins in 2008. He has the third highest win total on the team this year. He has a winning record (8-6) and while his ERA is ugly, it IS under 5.00 which in an achievement in Texas.

So naturally they cut him.

And the Rangers clubhouse is acting the same as the orphanage in Problem Child when John Ritter took the kid home.

He must have been a MISERABLE teammate.

Awful.

Disgraceful.

He's a free agent.

I want the Red Sox to sign him!

What? You ask! Sully, if he was such a bad teammate in Texas, how will he be better in Boston?

I have no clue what kind of teammate he was in Texas.
I wasn't there.

Do you know what makes a BAD teammate in my eyes?

Brad Penny getting bombed every 5 days.
Junichi Tazawa letting up homer after homer every 5 days.

Call me crazy and you've called me worse... but there's only 7 weeks left in the season.

Couldn't Padilla sign on and want to show the Rangers they were wrong?
Couldn't he be motivated for a month and a half to play well and be nice... and put himself in position to become a millionaire again?

How can he be worse than Penny?

Which goes to show you how bad things are with Penny.

I'd rather have a guy who had swine flu pitching than Penny!



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:21 PM

    By all means, you should sign him... some nights he is absolutely amazing, but he's known for having bizarre meltdowns (of the I'm going to plunk 3 batters in one night for no reason variety).

    Also, I know what you are trying to say, but the majority of Rangers pitchers have sub 5 ERAs.

    ReplyDelete