Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Turn the game off, Dave





















My cousin Dave is one of my most loyal readers... and often I take his suggestions for a topic or two for the blog.

He is a loyal and dedicated Mets fan. He remembers 1969, 1973 and would remind me of 1986.

He's the real deal when it comes to Mets fans.

It's been a rough year for Dave and he admits that the only worthwhile event at CitiField in its first season has been the Paul McCartney concert. He's a Beatles fan too... although more of a George guy. (There's little chance of George playing a concert this year. But then again with all of the Hinduism that he practiced, if anyone can come back to do a concert, it would be George!)

As I am wrapping up work here, I looked over onto my Yahoo Sports ticker. The Mets were down 8-0 in the second inning.

Dave, I really hope you aren't watching the game. Turn it off. Go to your wife and two beautiful children. Watch the sun set over the Connecticut sky.

It set on the Mets long ago this season.

And if you MUST watch something... then LITERALLY watch Something




No comments:

Post a Comment