Monday, September 03, 2007

Um... yay?

Was tonight a good thing?

I think it was.
The Red Sox scored a lot of runs...
The got a good save from Papelbon...
The won the game...
The magic number was shaved by 2 today...

But when you are up 10-1 and at a BBQ thrown by my inlaws, I should not have to stress about the game!

I'm not asking Dice K to be Tom Seaver or even magical...

Just don't make 9 run games interesting!
I am making small talk with my wife's family! I don't need to be running in "to see if they need help in the kitchen" to see if we've blown a huuuuuuge lead.

I'll take the win. You don't get style points for wins.
I'd rather win 13-10 than lose 2-1.

But tonight I didn't do the fist pump of victory when I heard the final score... I just sighed in relief.

Let's just win one of these two games with Toronto... and don't make it too interesting, OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment