Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Go Bruins... for Ritch Duncan's sake!



















This year I am more excited about the Stanley Cup Final than any year since 1994 when I was living in New York and the Rangers were on the verge of ending their curse.

The only common thing is Vancouver being in it.

The Boston Bruins are in it... and being a native New Englander I know my share of Bruins fans. But nobody I know has the passion of my great friend, frequent collaborator and the man who would hang out in my apartment more often than anyone I know, Mr. Ritch Duncan.

Ritch is a very talented writer for TruTV. Check out his wonderful take on Eddie Vedder's ukulele album.

Ritch is a comedian and writer in New York and we performed in more shows than I can remember, worked together on the radio, he had a role in my movie and we spoke at each others weddings.

Along with Bob Powers, he wrote the hilarious "Werewolf's Guide To Life: A Manual for the Newly Bitten."

And he is as big a Bruins fan as I am a Red Sox fan.
I was at his apartment to watch the Red Sox beat the Yankees in Game 7 of the 2004 ALCS.
He saw ME at the zenith of baseball happiness (let's face it Sox fans, we remember the Yankee win MUCH more than we remember the win in St. Louis!)

Ritchie deserves that moment too.

Go Bruins!
Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment