Sadly YouTube won't let me embed this clip.
But CLICK HERE
and you will get a real 1980s baseball treat.
The clip includes...
- The Oakland A's wearing their gaudy Green Away uniforms with the block OAKLAND across the chest.
- The White Sox wearing those jaw droppingly awful uniforms that I already wrote about.
They look even worse when they move! Winning Ugly indeed!
- A view of Old Comiskey Park... which was kinda sorta ugly but also cool
- A 2 out bottom of the 9th homer to tie the game.
- Great "Toaster" graphics for the broadcast.
- The Bull Greg Luzinski is the home run hitter... and he is one of those great, pre-'roids slugger. Just a big muscular borderline fat guy whose sole job is to swing from his heels. Matt Stairs seems to be the last of that breed.
If testing can do anything positive for the game it can bring back the lumber jack slugger or better yet the Steve Balboni fat guy sluggers.
That's not asking for much is it?
The Bull gets Jerry Koosman off the hookReplyDelete
I was at a game where the Bull hit one over the Comisky roof. One of my favorite childhood memories.ReplyDelete
the three best players of The Oakland A's have been Joe Gordon, Jim Rice, and Rickey Henderson.in my personal opinion they worked hard for the The Oakland A'sReplyDelete