Thursday, March 26, 2009

One of the great joys of writing this blog


One of the great joys I get in writing this blog is every once in a while I stumble across a picture that just makes my day.

Please enjoy this picture taken in the Angels locker room after they beat the three time defending division champion Royals to clinch the 1979 AL West title... the first in Angels history.

In this picture, Angels second baseman Bobby Grich is emptying a beer on someone's head and not really paying close attention to his actions.

The person getting soaked?
Orange County Native and disgraced President Richard Nixon.

This might become my new screen saver.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:11 PM

    Wait a minute, are you trying to tell me that once upon a time the Royals were good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nixon liked Rusty Staub better than Grich!

    ReplyDelete