Saturday, April 02, 2011

For the second year in a row, I am writing about the Indians hats
























Last year I asked the Indians to just PICK A HAT
! They had so many varying caps last year that I wondered if they were going to change hats in mid game.

So what was the Indians' solution?
THEY CAME UP WITH ANOTHER HAT!

Now I still think that they should go back to the "Tomahawk C" cap that they wore in the 1970s.

It is distinct, it brings out the Native American theme and yet doesn't have a crazy racist image on it.

And yeah... sorry... I'm not the most politically correct person you will ever meet... but Chief Wahoo is kinda sorta racist.

I personally don't find the NAME Indians to be racist nor do I think the Indians should change the name.

But the logo is dated and should go. And I must say, these new red caps are kind of cool.

I still think the C is a little boring, but hey! They've tried everything else. Why not a boring C, a red cap and an off white uniform?

Maybe THAT will help the Indians win.
OK, after seeing their pitching the last few days, they maybe need more than a new cap. But if they are going to be get their butts kicked, they might as well sport an inoffensive cap.

Their pitching is offensive enough.

Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. I like the red and navy blue caps with the C on them. Those should be their two main hats. I hate the Indian logo ones. Those should be retired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the same page with you as far as the Indians name and logo goes, Sully. I like that "C" also. The team was named in honor of a Native American player (Louis Sockalexis), which many in the PC crowd don't seem to know. Dump the Chief? Fine with me. Teams change logos all the time.

    ReplyDelete