Tuesday, July 28, 2009

#14 is retired... finally

Well, I've been asking the Red Sox to retire Jim Rice's number since March of 2008.

But I guess it is sweeter to retire the number of Hall of Famer Jim Rice.

Either way, it's great to see the love fest for Jim Rice continuing.

Now comes the next question:

Should the Sox retire Wade Boggs' number?

He is a Hall of Famer and played 10+ seasons with the Red Sox.

Or are we all still bitter about him riding that horse at the end of the 1996 World Series for the Yankees?


1 comment:

  1. I find it odd that teams are waiting til someone is a Hall of Famer before retiring their number. Is this to say Rice's number would never have been retired otherwise?

    I'm going to Oakland on Saturday to see Rickey's jersey retirement ceremony... but I always thought Dave Stewart's number should be retired in Oakland too, but Stewart wore 34, the same as Rollie Fingers... so I guess in a way, Stewart does have his number retired, eh?

    ReplyDelete