Monday, October 01, 2007

How were my predictions?

The regular season is over... and what a great finale we had! Not only did it go an extra day, but the extra day went extra innings.

Now as last year's post season 0-7 series record shows... I am not always the best at predictions.

But I make them anyway. Let's see how my preseason picks turned out:

AMERICAN LEAGUE EAST
I picked THE NEW YORK YANKEES
The actual winner was THE BOSTON RED SOX

Nobody could confuse me for a homer in my picks!

AMERICAN LEAGUE CENTRAL
I picked THE MINNESOTA TWINS
The actual winner was THE CLEVELAND INDIANS

Oh I'm sure you knew Morneau and Mauer would have such dramatic drops in production and that nobody else would be able to pitch!


AMERICAN LEAGUE WEST
I picked THE LOS ANGELES ANGELS OF ANAHEIM
The actual winner was THE LOS ANGELES ANGELS OF ANAHEIM

Hey! I got one right!

AMERICAN LEAGUE WILD CARD
I picked THE CHICAGO WHITE SOX
The actual winner was THE NEW YORK YANKEES

Man, did I get THAT one wrong! I thought the White Sox were going to be younger and hungrier than the team that won 90 games in 2006. Ooops.


NATIONAL LEAGUE EAST
I picked THE ATLANTA BRAVES
The actual winner was THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

At least I didn't pick the Mets!

NATIONAL LEAGUE CENTRAL
I picked THE ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
The actual winner was THE CHICAGO CUBS

Not even LaRussa could keep this team together through death and scandal.

NATIONAL LEAGUE WEST
I picked THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
The actual winner was THE ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS

The only question is which pick was worse? This one or the White Sox?

NATIONAL LEAGUE WILD CARD
I picked THE ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS
The actual winner was THE COLORADO ROCKIES

This almost cancels out my crappy Giants and White Sox picks. Seriously, who else had the D'Backs bound for the playoffs. Granted my logic was faulty (I thought that Randy Johnson was poised for a big year!) but it's the pick that matters!


So there you have it... two AL participants (Yankees and Angels) and one NL participant (The Diamondbacks) picked.

And people wonder why I don't gamble!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:31 PM

    And people wonder why I don't gamble!

    always bet on toupees!

    ReplyDelete