Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Ulti-MET insult to Milton Bradley












So Oliver Perez got ROCKED again... by the Washington Nationals no less. And one of the worst contract signings in history rages on in Queens.

And a terrific Met fan, the brilliant Emmy nominated comedy writer Andres Du Bouchet posted as his Facebook status update "Ok Mets. Please release Ollie and eat his salary. I'm begging you. You can replace him with a T-ball tee."

So I remembered my insane Blockbuster Trade post from last winter. Essentially it was my 9 team, 11 player swap as viturally every jaw droppingly bad contract was swapped for each other.

I had the Cubs getting Carlos Silva for Milton Bradley... which of course happened.
But in my trade, Bradley was sent off to the Mets for Oliver Perez. (The Mets actually DID pick up Gary Matthews Jr, who was also in my proposed blockbuster.)

But remembering the Perez for Bradley part of the deal, I wrote to Andres.

"Would you trade Perez for Milton Bradley?"

He responded right away "No."

OUCH!
Remember, Andres had just established the fair market value of Perez to be a batting tee!

So by THAT logic, Bradley's trade value is LESS than a batting tee. If the Mariners called a team and said "We'll send you Milton Bradley and we want a batting tee in exchange" the second team would say "You need to sweeten the pot!"

I can think of no bigger insult.

Now please enjoy Andres in a sketch from The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien. He is in the Arab outfit.





Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment