Friday, April 24, 2009

I would like to apologize in advance to the people I am going to see tonight



I am going to a dinner thrown by the pre school my kids attend.

It's a great preschool. My kids love it. They've met a lot of terrific kids that they have become friendly with. The parents I've met have been great and under normal circumstances, I would be looking forward to this and getting to know lots of interesting people.

But let me apologize in advance to everyone.

I am going to be distracted.
I am going to be checking my phone a lot.

I am going to be antsy.

There is a Red Sox/Yankees game going on during the dinner.

I can't help it. I HAVE to know each pitch. So if in the middle of a discussion about your career and where the best school districts are I suddenly blurt out "FRANCONA! TAKE HIM OUT!" or scream "YOOOOUK!!!!" when you tell me something painful and personal, let me just say I am so sorry.

You've invited a werewolf to your dinner and its a full moon.

I can't be responsible for my actions.



No comments:

Post a Comment